Duke's international and area studies centers engage students and faculty in the study of global cultures, customs and languages.
The centers sponsor a wide range of global events and programs, including seminars, research collaborations, art exhibitions, travel grants, performances, course development and service learning projects to advance the Duke community’s understanding of pressing global issues.
The international and area studies centers are:
- Asian Pacific Studies Institute (APSI)
- Council for North American Studies (CCS)
- Council for European Studies (CES)
- Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies (CLACS)
- Center for Slavic, Eurasian, and East European Studies (CSEEES)
- Duke Islamic Studies Center (DISC)
- Duke University Center for International Studies (DUCIS)
- Duke University Middle East Studies Center (DUMESC)