On the occasion of Eric LeLeu’s exhibit of photography, “Visualizing the Invisible Jungle of Calais," a part of the collaborative In Transit project, a panel of scholars and artists will consider how those in Europe are responding this fall to the ongoing circumstances of thousands of migrants seeking entry – to the place, individual countries, and the political EU.
Reception to follow at Leleu's exhibit, John Hope Franklin Gallery, 6:15-7:30 p.m.
Chair: Helen Solterer (Professor of Romance Studies)
- Stephen Smith (Professor of the Practice, African and African American Studies)
- Piotr Plewa (DUCIGS visiting research scholar)
- Mia Fuller (The University of California Berkeley and National Humanities Center)
- Vincent Joos (Assistant Professor, Cultural Anthropology, Florida State University)
- Raquel Salvatella de Prada (Assistant Professor of Practice in Art, Art History and Visual Studies)