Duke University’s global initiatives foster learning on Duke's Durham campus and across a network of sites around the world.
In addition to these international campuses, Duke maintains hundreds of global partnerships and initiatives providing academic programs, research platforms and service learning opportunities around the world.
- DukeEngage collaborates with community organizations in nearly 70 countries, where students pursue intensive service opportunities
- The Duke Global Health Institute partners with universities, hospitals, foundations and other organizations in priority locations including Haiti, India, Kenya, Peru, South Africa, Sri Lanka and Uganda
- Duke's international and area studies centers promote internationalization at Duke and beyond through events and programming
- The Duke Center for International Development offers a master's program in international development policy and an executive education program for international policy professionals
- Venice International University offers study programs based in Venice and focused on today's global challenges
- The Nazarbayev University Graduate School of Business in Astana, Kazakhstan has engaged in a longstanding collaboration with the Fuqua School of Business, allowing faculty and staff to learn about the region and culture in a way that impacts the way they work, research and teach.
- The Hart Leadership Program gives recent Duke graduates fellowships with international humanitarian organizations
- Most Bass Connections project teams work with partners outside Duke, including government agencies, nonprofits, hospitals, companies and school systems.