Office of Global Strategy and Programs
The Office of Global Strategy and Programs, created in 2010, is the locus of planning and coordination for global activities.
As Duke continues to increase its international engagement by developing new programs and relationships around the world, the Office of Global Strategy and Programs (OGSP) provides a greater level of institutional support for these efforts.
Succeeding both the Provost’s Office of International Affairs and the Office of International Strategy, created by the President and Provost in 2008, this newly created office aids faculty, staff and students in carrying out their work and in collaborating across disciplines.
- Michael M. Merson, MD, Interim Vice President and Vice Provost for Global Strategy and Programs and founding director of the Duke Global Health Institute and vice chancellor for Duke-National University of Singapore (NUS) Affairs
- Karen Kennea, Executive Assistant
- Nora Bynum, Vice Provost for Duke Kunshan University and China Initiatives
- Jennifer Boroski, Project Coordinator
- Christy Parrish Michels, Senior Manager, Global Administrative Policies and Procedures
- Ron Creatore, Senior Manager, Global Financial Planning
- Gilbert W. Merkx, Director, International and Area Studies
What we do
The Office of Global Strategy and Programs works with leaders of the University, schools, institutes and programs by developing effective global strategies and programs for the future and aiding in the optimization of administrative support.
Reporting jointly to the University President and Provost, the Office of Global Strategy and Programs coordinates and enhances:
- Relationships with key partners integral to Duke’s global strategy
- internal dialogue and planning about Duke’s global activities, including their impact on the Durham campus
- information resources pertinent to global activities by students, faculty and program leaders
- administrative support for global programs
- proper uses of support corporations
- engagement with third party providers
- communications to and among deans and senior officers of the University
Duke in China
Duke’s newest engagement in China, Duke Kunshan University, is a partnership with the Municipality of Kunshan and Wuhan University to create a world-class university that will serve students from China, Asia and around the world, and will provide a new home for Duke in one of the most rapidly growing parts of the country. Click here to learn more.
Where we're located
101 Allen Building, Duke University, Campus Mail 90036, Durham NC 27708-0036; Fax: 919.668-7860